While installing the x64 prerequisites for Visual Studio 2010 (on a Windows 2008 R2 box).
Visual Studio 2010 prereq installing
This error popups:
Visual Studio 2010 Error 1304 while installing
Visual Studio 2010 Prerequisites
Error 1304. Error writing to file: mfcmifc80.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.
- Install .NET Framework 4.0
- Install these patches for .NET Framework 4.0:
After installing .Net Framework 4.0 and the above patches I was able to install 64bit Prerequisites (64bitPrereq\x64\VS_Prerequisites_x64_enu.msi), and the full VS2010 package.
I needed to repackage an Inno Setup package. So I grabbed Universal Extractor (uniextract) latest version to extract the .exe file, but extraction gave the following error:
Extracting an Inno Setup package using Universal Extractor v1.61 failed
The log file uniextract.txt:
Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.3.10) (u)
This is not directly supported, but i’ll try to unpack it as version 5309
; Version detected: 5310 (Unicode)
Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
Unpacking failed. This version is not supported.
It seams UniExtract version 1.61 cannot extract version 5.3.10 Inno Setup archives. With this in mind I tried extracting the archive using the command line tool innounp.exe, with great success:
extract Inno Setup package with innounp
The currect Innounp versions supports Inno Setup versions 2.0.8 through 5.4.2
Download Innounp from sourceforge.
I’m using Adobe Customization Wizard to make a transform file for Acrobat Writer. This works great but after deployment our users cannot print to PDF using the Adobe PDF Printer.
Application version: Acrobat Writer Standard 9 patched to the current version 9.4.4
Operating system: Windows XP SP3 (also tested and confirmed on Windows 7 x64)
Doc file print to PDF (Word 2010)
Adobe PDF Settings file read error in
Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file
Now printing to Adobe PDF printer
- Adobe PDF Settings file read error in – Details
- Adobe PDF printer failed to create the PDF file
Text file print to PDF
Txt file print to Adobe PDF printer don’t gave me a PDF file as output. Only a logfile with the following content:
Adobe PDF Settings file read error in :
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\Standard.joboptions
Create Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF settings file read error in Standard.joboptions
As I read on the Adobe forums I tried these possible solutions, unfortunately all unsuccessful:
- Clean up fonts
- Disable option: Rely on system fonts only, do not use document fonts (Adobe PDF printer properties > Printing Preferences)
- Change permissions and readonly attribute of the file Standard.joboptions (In the %AppData%\AllUsers-folder.
- Adobe Acrobat Repair
- User permissions: Admin rights
Regional settings where the cause of this problem. After changing the regional settings (set Decimal symbol to dot) we are able to print to PDF using the Adobe Acrobat PDF printer. Another option is to set the Format to your countries default, and keep the default settings untouched (don’t customize the Format). If your users want to keep the Decimal symbol comma (probably they want to keep it for Excel and other applications), that’s the best option imho.
Regional settings - change the Decimal symbol
Thanks to this forum post (and also thanks to my colleague Ali):
Syncronizing other folders than \My Dropbox is’n’t possible in current Dropbox client version. However by create a link to a folder in the My Dropbox folder you can sync any other folder to!
When you’re on Windows XP use Sysinternals Junction to create a link.
When your on Vista, Server 2008 or Windows 7, use the built in MKLINK command.
My situation was to link My Documents folder, which is redirected by a Group Policy, to \My Dropbox folder. On my client machine I installed Dropbox, configured My Dropbox folder to X:\My Dropbox. Next I had to make a link in X:\My Dropbox\Docs to My Documents folder:
mklink /D "X:\My Dropbox\Docs" "\\anatool\home$\username\My Documents"
To set The Gimp in English, you have to make a system environment variable LANG with the value EN.